AUTHOR.CALHO: If I didn't write it, I would be hitch hiking cross country to Maine and then Alaska in that order. While taking frequent breaks to spread leaflets. And sit in diners. And write on things because I wasn't at a computer. I may still do that in a few years. Writing this also helps me forget about and better understand the limitations of being human, and keeps me busy enough to allow me no free time to burn the world down.

THEMATIC.ABOUT : Collapse often. The things that hold people together and hold them apart and scatter brains. The things that make thoughts go boom. The things that ooh and aah and [expletive deleted]. Sometimes poking around the margins where responsibility ends and the only one to look to is the Original Equipment Manufacturer and say "but, I already pressed 9 for more options and the menus are exactly the same. Can you just replace it?" The answer will be: "please hold." Sometimes hanging out in dark corners. Sometimes following the train tracks. Looking for ways out and ways in and all the while sharing the things seen and heard and done and drawn and written and scorched and healed and teased and caged and dreamed along the way.

6/30/10

Impossible Happens, Sort Of

Remember all of those changes I promised before? Well I do. I'm not going to quote myself. That would just be arrogant. Sort of. But the point is I've been staying up way too late so I'm going to sleep right now. I've been practicing with the brand spanking new used pen tablet and I am loving it like pedophiles love the portrait offices at Wal Mart. I thought it would months or years before I ever got a chance to use one, but I was gifted one by a pal I went to high school with. Easily the best thing that's happened to me this year. I am so excited to play with it some more.

Here's the first thing I made with it:



Ultimately that will end up being the background for auralport.blogspot.com, a.k.a. the poetry corner thingy. Aren't you proud of me? Well I'm proud of me. I mean if I had to pick a guy and the only criteria the head office gave me was that they wanted a winner who could also punt a baby over a small house in a pinch I would definitely pick me. Plus if you ever found yourself stranded in some Russian frontier town and the only thing standing between us and death by murderous drunk Siberian bear men was an Indiana Jones style drinking contest I would win it by a mile and instead of getting killed we'd get that weird amulet thing and find the ark and then take over the world and then fire our boss and then make me permanent employee of the month and change the future employees of the month to assistants to the employee of the month and the only thing I would have the assistants do is battle to the death using only supplies found in the supply closet and all for my personal amusement because I am more awesome than that evil guy in The Road Warrior.

In short: raucous applause for this guy. Did I say 5 days to implement all of those changes? I think I did. How about tomorrow? Tomorrow will be the big day.

And of course, my apologies for the poetry. Updates will now resume their daily march.

///Four Tet - "Glue of the World" I love it when a song is well mastered and then the producer turns it lo-fi and you get all kinds of interference and a glossless lossy sound and it pulls the whole track together and sets it apart from the realm of atmospheric and puts it squarely in the realm of meaningful whether the song's author injected the meaning and emotion or not. It sounds cheesy to say, but it reminds me of a choose your own adventure book except instead of the song writer telling you how to feel, the song writer is asking you how it makes you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment