AUTHOR.CALHO: If I didn't write it, I would be hitch hiking cross country to Maine and then Alaska in that order. While taking frequent breaks to spread leaflets. And sit in diners. And write on things because I wasn't at a computer. I may still do that in a few years. Writing this also helps me forget about and better understand the limitations of being human, and keeps me busy enough to allow me no free time to burn the world down.

THEMATIC.ABOUT : Collapse often. The things that hold people together and hold them apart and scatter brains. The things that make thoughts go boom. The things that ooh and aah and [expletive deleted]. Sometimes poking around the margins where responsibility ends and the only one to look to is the Original Equipment Manufacturer and say "but, I already pressed 9 for more options and the menus are exactly the same. Can you just replace it?" The answer will be: "please hold." Sometimes hanging out in dark corners. Sometimes following the train tracks. Looking for ways out and ways in and all the while sharing the things seen and heard and done and drawn and written and scorched and healed and teased and caged and dreamed along the way.

6/26/10

Changes in the Wrx

Some changes are in the wings. Waiting in the wings? Maybe. Change number one is (did you see it already) syntax! Yay, you sort of guessed it or something. In an effort to make myself more readable I'm giving up the ban on capitalization. As much as I feel philosophically opposed to capitalization of anything, especially God, I would also like to make myself as readable as possible. So capitalization and punctuation are in, cloudy and poorly defined philosophy of the meaning of text and identity as it relates to textual information is out.

I've realized that much of life is doing what works first followed by doing what holds meaning to you. That philosophy trumps my previous philosophy of self expression. Or, at least, it already trumped it in real life so it only makes sense that it would and should bear itself out in other lives I have.

The other changes are top secret. that's right. for British eyes only. but ill give you a hint. its a new banner to replace that red and black crusty one up there. And im gonna get rid of that, for lack of a better word, thing at the bottom that obstructs the text. I never liked it, and now that I want to move toward a cleaner design I like it even less. In the thankfully unmemorable words of one of the many senseless singles Janet Jackson has produced through the years: "its all for you"


Change number three is so secret I haven't even thought about what it might be. Oh yes I have. A sister blog. I know I'll inevitably slump again, so I am going to make a sister page just for the good stuff. Want a time table for all of this magic? Give me five days and I'll paint this screen with so much brain matter you'll wish you opted for the complimentary combination lab goggle-nocs.

Change number four is going to be a shift toward more upbeat things. Talking about a situation that changes about as often as- hold on, I was going to say a glacial landscape, but Al Gore's enviro sense probably would have shot him through with worse pain than a day of eating nothing but nuts, berries, cheap tequila and Mexican food. Do over. Talking about a situation that changes about as often as the score in a crappy World Cup game is an excellent way to bore people to tears. So instead of talking about what occupies my mind I'm going to talk about what should be occupying my mind. Like books and stories and news and music and sharks with flame throwers mounted on the heads. Interesting things like that are so much more fun than seeing how- nope. Stopping that.


///MC Chris - "MC Chris is Dead" Do you like nerd core rap? Don't know what it is? Now is as good a time as any to get introduced. The beat is good. The lyrics are funny for their seriousness, cleanliness, and delivery. The rest of the album is okay, but this is as good an opening to an album as I've heard through the years. Do listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment