AUTHOR.CALHO: If I didn't write it, I would be hitch hiking cross country to Maine and then Alaska in that order. While taking frequent breaks to spread leaflets. And sit in diners. And write on things because I wasn't at a computer. I may still do that in a few years. Writing this also helps me forget about and better understand the limitations of being human, and keeps me busy enough to allow me no free time to burn the world down.

THEMATIC.ABOUT : Collapse often. The things that hold people together and hold them apart and scatter brains. The things that make thoughts go boom. The things that ooh and aah and [expletive deleted]. Sometimes poking around the margins where responsibility ends and the only one to look to is the Original Equipment Manufacturer and say "but, I already pressed 9 for more options and the menus are exactly the same. Can you just replace it?" The answer will be: "please hold." Sometimes hanging out in dark corners. Sometimes following the train tracks. Looking for ways out and ways in and all the while sharing the things seen and heard and done and drawn and written and scorched and healed and teased and caged and dreamed along the way.

8/2/17

Dear (_____)

Dear Old Guy,

Yes, you, old guy that sits on your front porch all day harassing people about where they can and cannot park their cars on a public street.  The neighborhood has changed.  It isn't all Italian anymore.  It hasn't been for quite some time. Other people live on this street now.  That is correct.  Other people live on THIS street now, not YOUR street.  If you say one more word to me about where I've parked, I will tear you to pieces.  Your thinly veiled racism is cancerous to everyone.  Your misogyny turns my stomach every time they respond and stop to talk to you out of sheer pity.  The world has left you behind and your ticket is punched.  Do us all a favor and disappear.  You burned my last shred of sympathy for the aging.  You know the card.  That was all you had.  I'm going to say this once so don't let your failing neurons misplace it: other people may find you adorable, a throwback, a mascot, a quirk of the block in an odd town, or harmless, and will continue to shrug you off and entertain your nonsense but you are the physical embodiment of so many things about the past I absolutely despise and if you open your mouth in my direction one more time and it is not a "hello" or "goodbye" I am going to erase you.

Sincerely,

Donefuckingaround

No comments:

Post a Comment