AUTHOR.CALHO: If I didn't write it, I would be hitch hiking cross country to Maine and then Alaska in that order. While taking frequent breaks to spread leaflets. And sit in diners. And write on things because I wasn't at a computer. I may still do that in a few years. Writing this also helps me forget about and better understand the limitations of being human, and keeps me busy enough to allow me no free time to burn the world down.

THEMATIC.ABOUT : Collapse often. The things that hold people together and hold them apart and scatter brains. The things that make thoughts go boom. The things that ooh and aah and [expletive deleted]. Sometimes poking around the margins where responsibility ends and the only one to look to is the Original Equipment Manufacturer and say "but, I already pressed 9 for more options and the menus are exactly the same. Can you just replace it?" The answer will be: "please hold." Sometimes hanging out in dark corners. Sometimes following the train tracks. Looking for ways out and ways in and all the while sharing the things seen and heard and done and drawn and written and scorched and healed and teased and caged and dreamed along the way.

6/11/16

That Instant

you've lost all faith in the human race reading comment sections of articles and youtube videos to find insight into the human psyche when you stumble upon another introspective human who understands the charade and extended comedy of performance art littering the social sphere so thoroughly they create a gem and ray of hope that knocks the inevitable march of sadness and futility dead in its tracks.  Yes, the world is falling apart etc etc, but with no sense of humor, with no creative eye, with no lens for the absurd, with no imagination, it will be a very short walk off that pier.

For your consideration, a comment by SecondSons left on a music video by Desiigner (Panda) that did not take itself too seriously, though many, many, many of the comments and viewers did:



 
I got jobs in atlanta
Cooking fried rice up in Panda
Ninja chef with bandanas
Chinese food we dont serve manna

Orange chicken panda
Red Sun japanese santa
Dog meat's propaganda
We use only cat understanda

I got jobs in atlanta
Cooking chow mein up in panda
Ninja chef with bandanas
Fruit ninja cut bananas
We cook a lot of shit
They ask for the shanghai i'm frying shit
I be flicking my wok like the flick the wrist
Karate chop on the blunt take a hit at this
Not chinese my eyes dont squint

I got jobs in atlana
Cooking egg rolls up in Panda
Teriyaki sauce slammin whipping up broccoli beef with my handza
Slicin uip chicken meat, they be asking for wanton soup with the beef
I be making cheese wantons with fake crab meat
I be making spring rolls in deep fryer heat popping oil burning me watch me make rice sushi
That instant you realize without comedy the world is entropy and the longest romantic goth tragedy ever written.  Until the sun dies in an anticlimax akin to trying to slam a heavy steel door with a pneumatic safety mounted to its face.

No comments:

Post a Comment