AUTHOR.CALHO: If I didn't write it, I would be hitch hiking cross country to Maine and then Alaska in that order. While taking frequent breaks to spread leaflets. And sit in diners. And write on things because I wasn't at a computer. I may still do that in a few years. Writing this also helps me forget about and better understand the limitations of being human, and keeps me busy enough to allow me no free time to burn the world down.

THEMATIC.ABOUT : Collapse often. The things that hold people together and hold them apart and scatter brains. The things that make thoughts go boom. The things that ooh and aah and [expletive deleted]. Sometimes poking around the margins where responsibility ends and the only one to look to is the Original Equipment Manufacturer and say "but, I already pressed 9 for more options and the menus are exactly the same. Can you just replace it?" The answer will be: "please hold." Sometimes hanging out in dark corners. Sometimes following the train tracks. Looking for ways out and ways in and all the while sharing the things seen and heard and done and drawn and written and scorched and healed and teased and caged and dreamed along the way.

4/21/16

Supermarkets

I know shopping is not supposed to be difficult.  You park, you go in, you get what you need, you get in line, you get out.  Simple.  Easy.  Everything is different again.  The boxes of toasters were fine where they were.  What does a cube of pillows next to a cube of mingled tupperware and stamped artisanal pepper shakers supposed to mean?  I should buy some hats.  The jeans are just as good, if not better at Goodwill.  If the mouse pads are in the photography department I will cry inside for a few minutes.  There has to be a way to predict market fluctuations on the price of Nerf assault weapons.  I cannot play Cribbage on a sheet of paper again, I'm better than that, you're better than that!  Grow up!  Let's build one.  That's a lot of holes to drill.  Not too many.  I love customer service, but the air is impossibly dry.  Uniforms and no tinted glasses and no facial hair and no headphones or earplugs or even earmuffs to help abate the halls echoing and that idle siren public address system.  I was bound to be fired, and then quit, and then quit, and then simply stop going, and then be fired the final time I gave it a run.  Breathing it sounds like a gale through a mesa canyon.  The taste is hospital and hostile with so many confused and irritated and little kid lungs sucking and blowing.  Draped cobwebs full of ants.  I do not understand why the lights have to be so.  The air pressure is all wrong.  Leaving is expulsion from a mouth of a fossil, still throbbing with life, and ages dead.  I head home with a few bags of things I've torn off of its sides and tips and joints, maybe a truck bed's worth now and then to help me survive in my wilderness and it's over.  Bang, boom, piece of cake.  I hate shopping.  It is incredibly difficult and staying calm is key.  Throw in too many people and the math begins "do I really, absolutely, need?"




///Moderat - "Sick With It"

No comments:

Post a Comment