AUTHOR.CALHO: If I didn't write it, I would be hitch hiking cross country to Maine and then Alaska in that order. While taking frequent breaks to spread leaflets. And sit in diners. And write on things because I wasn't at a computer. I may still do that in a few years. Writing this also helps me forget about and better understand the limitations of being human, and keeps me busy enough to allow me no free time to burn the world down.

THEMATIC.ABOUT : Collapse often. The things that hold people together and hold them apart and scatter brains. The things that make thoughts go boom. The things that ooh and aah and [expletive deleted]. Sometimes poking around the margins where responsibility ends and the only one to look to is the Original Equipment Manufacturer and say "but, I already pressed 9 for more options and the menus are exactly the same. Can you just replace it?" The answer will be: "please hold." Sometimes hanging out in dark corners. Sometimes following the train tracks. Looking for ways out and ways in and all the while sharing the things seen and heard and done and drawn and written and scorched and healed and teased and caged and dreamed along the way.

10/28/16

Texts From A Stoneissuer

"The stoneissuer is particularly distasteful because as soon as theirs runs out you are the first one they call.  You are the first one they try to buddy up with and then they come over and try to be modest about how much they are taking and go out of their way to point it out that they are somehow doing you a favor because what they usually get is more pure and they're not used to smoking a gentler high and the taste is way off but they can get accustomed to it."

Remember the stoneissuer.  Remember they are not your friend.  Do they?  So the texts come in.  Texts about hard times and market fluctuations.  People too busy to do X or Y and on and on until you get to the bone and your teeth crunch a little as you grind them: "can I buy some to get by 'til...".  Oh, no they don't.  The stoneissuer never does.  Forgive and forget and all.  I get it.  Break through the bone to the marrow.  That chain of texts months and months ago still burns bright despite the ash and dirt of time packed over it.  Despite the months of rain to douse it.  The clock has struck and the ringtone chimes for thee.

Remember when you told me it wasn't that good.  You said "well, on the street I can get this and that for this and this isn't even as good as what I usually get so I don't see why I should have to pay X and Y when... if you need the money my husband can loan you some.  You don't need to up charge me when what you have is basically street."  Oh, I remember, stoneissuer.  I only smoke what I can get myself.  If you weren't willing to pay more for the lengths I had to go to in order to fill the requirements of what I need to enjoy and fill my prescription then, guess what: it's not worth your money now either.

Stoneissuer.  Poor stoneissuer.  I'm not trying to teach you a lesson.  I'm eliminating a blight upon my land.  Ring back later when your head isn't licking crumbs out of your jean pocket and your fingers aren't cramping trying to extract dreadful resin from a crack in the glass of your picked clean wares.  Then, I'll be a believer.  Until then, plan a little better.  Or have a little restraint.  Better yet, do both.




///JJ Doom - "GMO feat. Beth Gibbons"      


No comments:

Post a Comment