AUTHOR.CALHO: If I didn't write it, I would be hitch hiking cross country to Maine and then Alaska in that order. While taking frequent breaks to spread leaflets. And sit in diners. And write on things because I wasn't at a computer. I may still do that in a few years. Writing this also helps me forget about and better understand the limitations of being human, and keeps me busy enough to allow me no free time to burn the world down.

THEMATIC.ABOUT : Collapse often. The things that hold people together and hold them apart and scatter brains. The things that make thoughts go boom. The things that ooh and aah and [expletive deleted]. Sometimes poking around the margins where responsibility ends and the only one to look to is the Original Equipment Manufacturer and say "but, I already pressed 9 for more options and the menus are exactly the same. Can you just replace it?" The answer will be: "please hold." Sometimes hanging out in dark corners. Sometimes following the train tracks. Looking for ways out and ways in and all the while sharing the things seen and heard and done and drawn and written and scorched and healed and teased and caged and dreamed along the way.

9/25/15

Dear (_____)

Dear writing,

I know I should be spending more time with you.  I know it.  I know it!

Is it alright that I have to take a break.  Is it alright that I feel close to stable and I do not want to deconstruct or explore?  Is it alright that I want to view it and enjoy the contours of a planet?

Sometimes what I experience with you is not a block or a dearth of words to say.  What I experience is a moment, several increments long, of taking you in.  Taking all of you in.  Sexually.  Biologically.  Isness.  Contextual.  History.  Timeways.  Can I take you in and breathe and enjoy you?

You are my mate.  Every minute and second cannot be sex.  Every instant cannot be adventure.

Yes, I did use you to keep me sane and help me mark time, but will you mind if I use time to help me become more intimate with you?




///Prometheus- "Collision"

No comments:

Post a Comment