AUTHOR.CALHO: If I didn't write it, I would be hitch hiking cross country to Maine and then Alaska in that order. While taking frequent breaks to spread leaflets. And sit in diners. And write on things because I wasn't at a computer. I may still do that in a few years. Writing this also helps me forget about and better understand the limitations of being human, and keeps me busy enough to allow me no free time to burn the world down.

THEMATIC.ABOUT : Collapse often. The things that hold people together and hold them apart and scatter brains. The things that make thoughts go boom. The things that ooh and aah and [expletive deleted]. Sometimes poking around the margins where responsibility ends and the only one to look to is the Original Equipment Manufacturer and say "but, I already pressed 9 for more options and the menus are exactly the same. Can you just replace it?" The answer will be: "please hold." Sometimes hanging out in dark corners. Sometimes following the train tracks. Looking for ways out and ways in and all the while sharing the things seen and heard and done and drawn and written and scorched and healed and teased and caged and dreamed along the way.

8/17/10

Back To The Emerald City

Heading to NYC. I won't know when I'll get to write for a while until I get my internet situation sorted out or find a library, get a card, and park myself there. Shouldn't be anything too unmanageable. I've been through worse.



In the meantime, I'll miss you more than I can really explain in words or justify with powers of reason.

///Nine Inch Nails - "The Four of Us Are Dying" Give your woofer a good work out and raise the bass a notch or two. It beats against the face like a hot breeze on a hot day, but it feels so good all the same. See you later this week. I'm inclined to promise, but I think we both know what happened to my promise of an Inception themed retro poster (I'm still going to do it, just not today... or tomorrow). Oh, and p.s. I've been sneaking in updates to the fiction at Bits and I enabled comments here since there're no comment forms there. Not that anyone has had anything to say about us, but just in case. You never know when Jesus himself will want to leave you a note and be completely stymied by the lack of a comment form and then you're really fucked. K bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment